This morning, Year 5 were treated to a visit from Gareth and Glenn from the Dorset Fire and Rescue Service. Glenn showed the class all around the fire engine asking us questions and explaining what some of the equipment was and its purpose. After break, Gareth gave the class a talk on fire safety, particularly electrical fire safety. We learned about the purpose of our smoke alarms and the importance of checking them regularly and how to safely use our electrical appliances such as: not charging our mobile phones overnight and not plugging a hair dryer and hair straighteners into the same extension lead, Miss Tatham and Mr Rose may have learnt a thing or two here! An enjoyable and informative morning had by all.